Spring 2016 Officer Elections
We are electing new officers this semester and are looking for driven and involved members to fill positions! If you are interested, please review the position's description and see if it is something you are interested in. We need dedicated people who are able to manage their time and not take on too much. Know your limitations! We are going to also initiate committees and chairs to work in the organization so there are opportunities for everyone!
Duties of the Positions according to our By-Laws
President: The president shall preside at all meetings of the section. He/she shall appoint all committees, subject to the approval of the executive committee, and shall assume all other executive duties not otherwise delegated. (Must be a former chair or officer to be elected as President)
Vice-President: The vice-president shall be responsible for scheduling and organization of the section meetings. He/she shall maintain up-to-date knowledge of school policies regarding all organizational meetings. He/she shall communicate effectively with AADE members and school faculty. (Must be a former chair or officer to be elected as Vice-President)
Industry Liaison: The industry liaison hall be the intermediary voice between the student section and industry professionals. He/she will plan and manage all AADE industry related events.
Secretary: The section secretary shall keep a record of all activities of the section and shall report the same to AADE, together with any special reports required by AADE, within a reasonable time after each meeting. He/she shall carry on all communications necessary to the activities of the section.
Treasurer: The treasurer shall receive all money and pay all debts of the section authorized by the faculty sponsor, and he/she shall keep an exact account of all receipts and expenditures
What AADE is looking for?
- Must be available for the whole academic year. (Graduating Spring 2017 or later)
- Self-motivated, team player and excellent time management skills.
- Only Student Members of AADE in good standing shall be eligible to serve as officers of the section
- Must be a member and have shown previous involvement in AADE UH student section if running for Industry Liaison, Secretary and Treasurer
- In order to be able to run for President and Vice-President, applicants must have previously held an AADE UH officer or chair position for one full academic school year.
- Preferred if not holding an officer position with another student organization
- Must be committed, dedicated, reliable and fully responsible for their position
- Can run for multiple officer positions if desired
IF YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND FEEL YOU WOULD LIKE TO BECOME AN OFFICER OR CHAIR, PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW. SERIOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
The deadline to apply for an officer position is March 26th and those who are selected to be potential candidates will be required to present their candidacy at the AADE 3rd General Meeting (April 13th).